Monday, March 8, 2010

60 Degrees of Amazingness!

Yes, I'm aware that "amazingness" isn't a word, but how else would I describe the beautiful weather? I don't know if I have ever been so excited for Spring before- this year, the return of warm weather brings a whole new element into my life- photography. Lots and lots and lots and loooots of piiictures!

Just about a year ago, I decided that I was finally going to act on a dream of mine. I decided that I had waited long enough to buy something that I had wanted for years- a nice, brand new DSLR. I admit, I didn't know what to do with it when I got it. First of all, I had to get over the initial shock of my impulsive decision (which Cara didn't mind helping me out with).

Impulsive decisions are common for me. I decide that I want something and then I get it. That's it. Simple. Sometimes, like in this case, it meant that I had to put more money towards my credit card every month (Thank GOODNESS for Best Buy zero percent financing!). Looking back now, that decision was TOTALLY worth it. I did, however, have to promise myself that I would take lots of pictures- this camera couldn't be stored away in my closet and forgotten. I was going to make it worth it...and I did! That following weekend I remember taking 1,500 in one day. I headed into DC for sunrise and I was there til past sunset (ahhh Cherry blossoms!), and I couldn't be happier.

As I progressed and learned more about my new hobby, I began to see everything as pictures. My camera would be nowhere in sight, yet I would picture photographs in my head. How would I position that tree in the picture? The depth of field would be awesome in this picture! Look at that couple, if I had my camera, I'd put them to the left of center, and click! Yes, that can certainly get annoying to my friends who could care two cents about how a dog could be captured in a photograph, but they understood. :)

Flash forward a year- I've learned so much and I'm sooo looking forward to learning a lot more. I enjoy every moment of every photoshoot. I have some AWESOME photoshoots coming up (hellllo lots of Naval Academy pictures!!!) and I have some awesome people to meet (yaaaay my 2010 brides!).

So stay tuned for lots of pictures coming up in the next few months. I'm ecstatic- not only to meet these new people, but to learn with every picture that I take. So, seriously, Mother Nature- you need to back off! Let me take some pictuuures! ;)

And because I want to add some cuteness to this crazy post, here's some Dolce lovin'!
(Yes, it's just her nose, but she's so cute I couldn't help it!)

DSC_0156


Dolce also wants to play outside in the pretty weather, although I would be lying if I said she didn't l.o.v.e the snow. She IS a snow dog, after all. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP