Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day in Philly!


DSC_0032
Fishing, hockey, barbeques.

Ok, one of those things is not like the others. I'll give you a hint- ok, no, I'll just tell you. Fishing? Hockey? Psssh, this girl doesn't usually do that. Barbeques? Ohhh yeah, I looove barbeques.

But regardless of whether or not I usually go fishing (or maybe just watch someone fish) or watch hockey (and pretend to know what's going on), I had an awesome time doing ALL of it in Philly this weekend.

Tom and I had fun following Joe around like the paparazzi (cue GaGa here...)- he was definitely a good sport, until he went all i'm-going-to-shave-my-head-like-Britney crazy. He just couldn't handle...what a shame.

DSC_0040

And of course I had to get some shots of Tom with his new awesome camera (I'm not jealous. Ok, yes I am)
tom camera

DSC_0055

DSC_0030

I had to trek down a steep muddy hill in a dress and flip flops to get down to the water, but it was totally worth it.
DSC_0023

What I didn't include in that list was kickball, beer, sightseeing, and Mets bashing. I don't think you have to guess which one of those I was NOT pleased about. Whatever, they're just jealous of my awesome team. ;)

house

The next day Tom, Pat and I walked around downtown just snapping some pictures. I just can't get enough of this city. :)
philly

Ohh, and then I got to see them play an aweeesome game of kickball!
kickball

DSC_0124

I was sad to say goodbye to Philly, but I'll be back soon! After getting back to DC, I met up with Kaelyn for some headshots! Here's a sneak peek! :) The shoot was full of boom box, salsa dancing, old pickup trucks goodness!
DSC_0783

DSC_0718

And, of course, the weekend was memorable because we were celebrating our Freedom. Our Freedom that so many people take for granted.
Our Freedom that we owe to the men and women serving our country so selflessly.
Thank you for everything you do.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remembered to thank someone who served or is currently serving in the military.
:)

2 comments:

Kay 03 June, 2010 20:43  

I love these!!! They kind of make me want to go fishing, and believe me, I'm not a fishing kind of girl. (You know that, ha.)

And Kaelyn looks lovely, as usual. =)

ica 10 June, 2010 06:11  

ahhh i love the boombox shot and your memorial day weekend looked like alot of fun!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP