Friday, January 22, 2010

When life deals you a bad hand...

...well, just deal with it!
I have never been the philosophical type, so just bear with me haha.
All, I can say is, thank goooodness for patient friends...and a handy cheat sheet :)

Last night I played poker- and when I say "played," I mean "failed miserably," but certainly learned. Luckily we started with $10, so I only lost $9.65 by the end of the night. This obviously just means that I'm hustlin my friends- I just WANT them to think that I'm bad, so next time I'll kick butt. Yeah...that's it. :)
DSC_0201

I didn't even have to use the cheat sheet once (ok, no, that's a TOTAL lie)! It only took a quick lesson at work which involved cutting out fake cards and getting quizzed (thanks, Cindy!), and some quick lessons before the game (thanks, Eric and Nathan!), but I think I got it?

DSC_0206

I swear I won a few rounds- really! But then everyone's piles of chips started to get bigger and bigger (like enough to make cool towers), and mine started getting smaller and smaller.

DSC_0217

Was it worth the $9.65? Definitely!
poker 1

poker 2

Watch out, people! I'm a card shark (or maybe I will be eventually...) :)

My friends also thought I was taking pictures of them all last night...psssh, told ya I was actually taking pictures of the table, people!

Everyone have a great weekend! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous 22 January, 2010 16:14  

AWESOME!! LIKE ME, THE POKER QUEEN ;) LESSON 2 NEXT WEEK...

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP