Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Don't wear 45 SPF sunscreen if you want even a slight chance of getting a tan...

That is certainly what I learned on my mini vacation down in Ft. Myers, Florida this past weekend! Other than forgetting to look at the sunscreen bottle when I was applying it, I had a nice, relaxing, WARM few days in Florida!

I thoroughly enjoyed the 80 degree weather, while I was making fun of my friends who were snowed-in in DC! Well, karma's a you-know-what and now I'm back in VA and it's snowing again! Annnnd it's supposed to snow (A LOT) this weekend too! C'moooon, Spring- get here soooon! :)

I had so much fun hanging with my family and old family friends! Can't wait to visit again :)
Here are a few shots from my last day down South (when it was snowing in VA haha!):

DSC_0395

DSC_0298

I just looked out my window- it's still snowing. Maybe if I look at these pictures long enough it'll magically stop snowing and turn 80 degrees? maaaybe?

beach 1

Hmm...the snowplow just went by outside, so I'm thinking that's probably unlikely haha
beach 2

Apparently this ice cream man has been roaming the beach with his palm tree and cart for years! He definitely had a tan that I was jealous of!
DSC_0389

While I was walking around on the pier, I made a few new friends! Three beautiful pelicans were just chillin' waiting for fishermen to throw them some fish! There was a whole crowd of people around them, but that didn't seem to bother them. One of them seemed to love the photo op, he kept strutting up to me and posing.
DSC_0330

DSC_0379

Afterwards, we ended an awesome day in beautiful Naples! We caught a college ball game and drank a few beers while looking out on the water- seriously doesn't get more relaxing than that!
DSC_0438

beach 4

Can't wait for my next vacay (and some warm weather)!
:)

4 comments:

JenWheeler 02 February, 2010 18:40  

Oh Steph! I literally just said that out loud to myself when I saw that first shot of the seagulls. I seriously want some of you work to hang up in my apartment. I'm really liking the ice cream man too! Amazing girl! I think you got some better pictures than if you'd stayed and gone to the car show with me. Next year we'll get some car pics ;-)

Anonymous 02 February, 2010 19:22  

The first one is so awesome! The last one is so cool! The second to last is very romantic! I think my absolute favorite is the black and white close up of the pelican...he looks likes he wanted to steal a smooch. Too cute!! Good job girl!! Your Chilean fan ;)

Kristin 03 February, 2010 07:30  

these are so great! the first one is my absolute favorite :)

Kay 03 February, 2010 11:40  

I love the dock one! So cute! These pictures make me officially hate snow.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP