Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lyndsay and Mak | Annapolis Engagement

DSC_0160-2

Ohhh, where do I begin? I don't know if I've ever loved sooo many pictures from one shoot, so it was so hard for me to choose which pictures to use. These are just a few of the shots I love.

For a look at all of the shots, click HERE.

Ok, so back to what I was saying...Yes, I complained (a lot) about the winter weather, and I certainly got my wish- beautiful weather, and awesome people to take pictures of. I couldn't have asked for a prettier day in Annapolis on Saturday, and I couldn't have asked for cooler people to work with. What an awesome way to start Spring sessions!

Meet Lyndsay and Mak- they're getting married in Rochester on June 19th and I am toootally jealous of their photographer, friends and family that are attending their wedding because they are going to witness two amazing people start the rest of their lives together. Lyndsay is a 2nd grade teacher and Mak is in his last year at the Naval Academy and they are just perfect together. Mak is constantly cracking jokes and Lyndsay is constantly smiling. They met eachother three years ago and have been together ever since- from the moment they began talking at a bar, to when Mak told Lyndsay he loved her on campus grounds (the shot below is them on the bench where he told her!), to when he proposed to her with his grandmother's ring. Just thinking of these two makes me smile- they were just such a pleasure to work with.

DSC_0011

Not only were they more than willing to put up with me running around, promising that we'd only take a feeew more shots ("actually, let's get a picture here...and here...and here..." was my motto that day), making them carry around a random globe, and putting up with Melissa (my handy-dandy bag holder/assistant/awesome friend) and I making silly jokes all day, but they did this for THREE hours. Once I started taking pictures of these two, I just couldn't stop! How could I? They just radiated happiness. I'm pretty sure Mak told Lyndsay he loved her at least ten times (especially after he took countless pictures with random tweens and parents on campus tours. For goodness sake, he was like a celebrity!) and Lyndsay would just look up at him and smile contently. It all just felt so right. :)

DSC_0036

DSC_0091-2

side

DSC_0137-2

Lyndsay, you are gorgeous! Look at those eyes!

DSC_0152

DSC_0191

DSC_0196-2

DSC_0207-2

DSC_0210
I couldn't decide which of the next two pictures to post because I love them both, so of course I just posted both. ;)

DSC_0224-2

DSC_0226

DSC_0262

DSC_0280

Those rebels...

DSC_0298-2

DSC_0299

DSC_0321

DSC_0329-2

DSC_0338

DSC_0343-2

DSC_0349

DSC_0354-2

DSC_0369-2

DSC_0375-2

This next picture is one of my favorites from the shoot- I just looove it! What an AWESOME building!

DSC_0376-2

DSC_0386

DSC_0388

DSC_0390-2

DSC_0423-2

DSC_0431

Another favorite- this picture was taken right after Mak got pulled away for some pictures with some giggling tweens (and he toootally loved the attention haha).

DSC_0435

This next shot was taken straight out of the camera. Love it.

DSC_0637

DSC_0657

I didn't include all of Mak's "fan" shots (there are too many!), so I had to include one of "perfected" Blue Steel shots. He must practice that look a lot... :)

DSC_0678

DSC_0690

Ok, now time for an outfit change...

Picnik collage

DSC_0810

Sheesh, they even look awesome when they're just walking down the street!

DSC_0826

Now introducing the true star of this shoot- the amaaazing vintage globe. We carried that sucker all around town, got some strange looks, even some funny comments, but we sure as heck used it to get some awesome shots.

DSC_0887

DSC_0890

DSC_0942

DSC_0948

Seriously, does this girl take any bad shots?!

DSC_0970

DSC_0978

Goin' all GQ on us...

DSC_0980

And what's a photoshoot without a really sweet alley?

alley

DSC_1012

DSC_1015

DSC_1017

I couldn't choose my favorites from the next series of pictures, so I just put in a bunch. These two are just so natural in front of the camera.

DSC_1039

DSC_1050

DSC_1055

DSC_1058

DSC_1064

Lyndsay was a gymnast for 12 years, so she suggested doing a cartwheel. At first I thought she was kidding, but they did their thing and were even in synch while doing it. Sheesh!

cartwheel

DSC_1075

DSC_1099

DSC_1093

DSC_1103

So what will this oh-so-adorable couple do once Mak graduates in May? Well, first get married (duh!) and then move to Quanico where Mak will train to be a Marine. Lyndsay and Mak- thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. Both of you live to serve others, and you both deserve every bit of happiness that your future brings. I had such a wonderful time and I wish the best to both of you. :)

Want to see the rest of the pictures? Click HERE.

10 comments:

Megan 22 March, 2010 15:59  

So I already commented on the album that Lyndsay posted on her facebook but I thought I'd give you a little love here too... These are fantastic!! They make me sooo excited for Nick and my engagement session. I hope they're half as good as these lol.

Anonymous 22 March, 2010 17:06  

My favorite is the one where she wears his hat & they kiss. Your Chilean fan ;)

Anonymous 22 March, 2010 17:10  

My favorite one is where she wears his hat & they kiss. Your Chilean fan ;)

Melissa 22 March, 2010 18:01  

Wow - these are amazing! I'm so glad I was there for it too :-)

Marno Muth 22 March, 2010 18:01  

Love the shots inside of the building!

Casey 22 March, 2010 18:07  

Absolutely beautiful... I actually got chills when I saw the silhouette in that amazing building... gorgeous! Didn't hurt that your subjects were awesome! I also really loved the globe and books... two objects I never would have thought about, but the picture of them holding hands over the objects was so creative and wonderful! Also totally loved the cartwheel shots!

Kay 25 March, 2010 10:08  

So amazing! Definitely one of my fave shoots you've ever done. What a beautiful couple! And man, that globe is awesome. ;)

Stephanie at Angelina Photography 26 March, 2010 08:08  

Thank you so much everybody! I really appreciate it! :)

Unknown 01 April, 2010 17:29  

AH! I love this shoot SO much. Especially the bench with commitment on it. Priceless!

Lyndsay 05 April, 2010 19:34  

Stephanie is amazing, I love these pictures so much, thank you for the beautiful memories Stephanie!!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP