Sunday, March 14, 2010

Surprise! The Schmidt's 25th Anniversary Party

Last weekend I was invited to go to The Schmidt's 25th Anniversary Surprise Party which was organized by Lauren and Mike (remember them?).

I've never thrown a Surprise Party before nor have I had one thrown for me (hint hint wink wink). I remember my dad organized a surprise birthday party for my mom many years ago (when you were turning 21, right, mom? ;) ) and I wasn't told about it until the hour before the party...why? Because my dad and sister didn't trust me with such a big secret! I don't know how I got the reputation of not being able to keep a secret, but it's not fair! Come on, tell me a secret- I'll be able to keep it....really! Ok, maybe not.

Lauren and Mike are awesome kids (and they totally made me look bad- and I didn't tell my parents about this party exactly for that reason). I watched as Lauren planned this party months in advance- planning table settings, sending out invites, getting in touch with all of her parents' friends. Yes, there were a few close calls, but the Schmidts were completely surprised!

I'm just glad I didn't see Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt before the party. I might've let it slip...whoops!

Picnik collage

Mrs. Schmidt's expressions were priceless! I have a whole series of these pictures posted here.
DSC_0047
DSC_0050

Despite having to rush to get the party set up as people started to arrive, the party was a total success! People looked like they were having a fantastic time!
DSC_0066

Cutting the deeeelicious cake that Kay and I couldn't eat until midnight (thanks to us giving up junk food for Lent).
cake

Kay and I with the wonderful hostess! Thanks for snapping this picture, Mrs. Boatner. :)
DSC_0034

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs, Schmidt! Here's to many more years of marriage and happiness! :)

If you were at the party and want to see if there are any sweet shots of you, check out the album here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP