Monday, April 19, 2010

Katie and Mike | Colonial Williamsburg Engagement

I'm so excited to post these pictures because these two people are very very important to me. Remember Katie and Mike? I told their story when I posted their last shoot a few months ago. I never get sick of taking pictures of these two- not one bit.

I'd like to think that my super-awesome post about him and Katie inspired him to propose to her on Christmas night, but he has had this planned for years. Yes, years. These two were meant to be together- I know it and they most definitely know it. It makes me so happy and hopeful for them to start a new chapter in their lives together next June. I know, I know, that's sooo cheesy, but I really am so excited for them- and sheesh, I'm allowed to be cheesy every now and then!

It was so tough to pick what pictures I wanted to put up here, so if you'd like to see the SLIDESHOW with MORE pics, CLICK HERE!

untitled (159 of 172)

Katie, Mike and I first made a trip to their reception site in Williamsburg, then headed down the road to a field that I wanted to experiment with, and THEN headed down to CW. It feels like it was just yesterday that we all met each other seven years ago just 1 mile down the road at WA. We have sometimes gone months without seeing eachother (which totally stunk!), but nothing has ever changed.

untitled (15 of 172)

untitled (2 of 172)

We used my grandfather's camera- the one he bought to take videos of my mother when she was just a baby.

camera

Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks?! ;)

untitled (10 of 172)

untitled (18 of 172)

I love this photo, not only does it show Katie's stunning Tiffany's ring, but it also shows Mike's great uncle's watch, and his Naval Academy ring.

untitled (21 of 172)

untitled (25 of 172)

untitled (26 of 172)

untitled (28 of 172)

Mr. Rettig bought Katie beautiful daffodils to use for the pictures- the yellow compliments Katie's dress to well!

untitled (31 of 172)

untitled (33 of 172)

untitled (35 of 172)

untitled (36 of 172)

yellow flower

untitled (43 of 172)

untitled (44 of 172)

I LOVE this picture- the light was so dreamy

untitled (50 of 172)

forget me not

untitled (63 of 172)

untitled (86 of 172)

flowers

flowers2

bench

untitled (93 of 172)

Total wind-in-hair shot- Tyra would be proud.

untitled (96 of 172)

pink house

fence

Katie and Mike are just so comfy in front of the camera and it makes me love what I do so so much more. I <3 href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/37615849@N04/4539223176/" title="laughing by ssims08, on Flickr">laughing

untitled (120 of 172)

untitled (121 of 172)

We were in CW, of COURSE we were going to hit up the stocks.

untitled (129 of 172)

CW

untitled (139 of 172)

untitled (142 of 172)

untitled (143 of 172)

We ended the night at Mike and Katie's favorite place in town- the duck pond. They used to come down here and feed the ducks in high school. It just so happened that Mike proposed at the pond too- love it!
ducks

cw 2

Look at those hotties ;) ;)
untitled (164 of 172)

Here's the bridge that Mike proposed on- it was freezing cold, Katie was sick, and they were both tired after celebrating Christmas with their families. The night, however, turned out perfectly, and of course Katie said 'yes.' How could she not?!
untitled (155 of 172)

untitled (160 of 172)

untitled (156 of 172)

Mike and Katie- I'm so excited for you both. I'm excited to see you soon (again), to help Katie make things/plan her wedding, to wear Mike's uniform jacket (and look like a waiter) to see if your dress matches, and to see you guys get married next summer. I.CAN'T.WAIT.

Want to see the SLIDESHOW of more pics? CLICK HERE!

2 comments:

Cory 20 April, 2010 21:31  

Katie and Mike look extremely happy, and these pictures are beautifully taken. That said, my favorite is this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37615849@N04/4531491235/

Kara 21 April, 2010 07:25  

Steph, these pictures rock! I especially like the slightly-overexposed one! Beautiful! Can't wait till you do my one-year anniversary pictures (ahem!).

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP